St. Vital RC Church
The original St. Vital RC Church was the first Catholic Church and the oldest parish in the Prince Albert Diocese. Built in 1883 of logs, it has stood the test of time, and also serves as the grave of the First Catholic Parish priest, buried under the first step of the altar, beneath the church.
The Church served as a parish for 100 years, then in 1983 it was turned over to the Town of Battleford as a Heritage Property, designated as such in 1985.
Today the old St. Vital Church is vacant, but one can arrange a visit by making an appointment with the Fred Light Museum.
The Church is located at 2 - 20th Street East.