To open or close an account for water service, please apply before the connection or disconnection date. There are several ways you can apply to open or close your account:
- By phone: Call Town Hall Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- In person: Visit Town Hall, 91 24th Street, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Online: Disconnect only. Click here.
Applications for connections and transfers must be made in person at Town Hall. The account holder will be held responsible for all charges up to the date that Town Hall has been notified, or the date that your account is finalized, whichever is later.
To establish yourself as a new account holder, we require the following information:
- Name of adult(s) living at the address and birth date(s)
- One piece of ID (Saskatchewan Driver's Licence, Saskatchewan Health Card Number or Other valid government-issued ID)
- Service address for the connection
- Date of possession or start date of lease agreement
- Mailing address
- Source of income for each person on the account
- Phone numbers (home, work and cell) for each account name
- Alternate/emergency contact person for the account with the their phone number
- Tenants see Landlords section below.
If you are moving out or moving from one property to another within Battleford, you will need to close your account, we require the following information:
- Name(s) of the account holder
- Service address
- Mailing address for final bill
- Service end date (normally the possession date or the end date of a lease agreement)
Please note: Utility account numbers do not transfer from one address to another. A new utility account number will be provided to you on your first utility bill at the new location. Please be sure to update this information with your bank if you pay for your utilities online or telephone banking to avoid utility disruptions.
Landlords: to have your tenants set up a utility account in their name, the following is required:
- Copy of signed lease or rental agreement
- Complete Owner Agreement Form - signed by tenant and landlord
- $200 deposit per account payable in person by debit card at Town Hall, 91 24th Street, Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, cheque made payable to Town of Battleford or cash dropped off in sealed envelope in the secured drop box on the south side of the building near the door. Deposits will be refunded or applied to any outstanding charges when you close your account.
Applications accepted by email or dropped off in a sealed envelope in the secured drop box on the south side of the Town Hall building near the door.
Deposits are based on an average three-month bill at the service address. Deposits are held until you close your account or disconnect at such time the deposit will be applied to any outstanding balance on your final bill. If a credit balance remains on your account after final billing, the balance will be refunded to you by cheque.