Water Installment Payment Plan Service (WIPPS)

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A
Avoid high summer utility bills and manage your budget.
WIPPS allows water and sewer customers to pay their bills in instalments you can afford and pay it off or close to before your next bill arrives. Payments are
automatically through direct debit (auto withdrawal from your bank account).  Payment is made monthly rather than quarterly as with manual bills. 
Visit Town Hall to set up for WIPPS and be sure to bring your banking information.  Town Hall Hours
Frequently Asked Questions
Most household use more water at certain times of the year.  Using the water usage at your address over the past year, we calculate a monthly average.  WIPPS customers have equalized amounts debited from their bank account on either the 2nd or the 16th of every month, 12 times a year.
You can join the WIPPS program at any time of the year.
Customers get their regular bill allowing them to monitor usage, but it will have a notation telling them to not pay as they are WIPPS customers.  The bill will show their PAP (pre-authorized payment amount).
If you transfer service to a new location, you may transfer your WIPPS account to your new location.  
If you are no longer a WIPPS customer, your meter will be read and your account will reconciled.  Any credits or debits will be applied to your final bill.
Service charges are charges on accounts with NSF fees.
Disconnection fees must be paid in-person prior to having the service re-connected.
Visit Town Hall and complete the authorization form along with a voided cheque or banking information from your financial institution.  Please allow a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to first payment.
It is important that you notify Town Hall of any changes in your banking information at least 7 days prior to your scheduled payment.
You may withdraw from the program by contacting Town Hall.
Town of Battleford may cancel the plan if you miss more than one monthly installment.  You will have to pay any outstanding balance on the due date of your next bill.
You have certain recourse rights if any debit does not comply with this agreement.  For example, I have the right to receive reimbursement for any debit that is not authorized or is not consistent with this Preauthorized (PAD) Agreement.  To obtain more information on my recourse rights, I may contact my financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca.